The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors — National Association's CONNECT 2018 conference is slated for Oct. 10-12 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and this year, it coincides with the famous International Balloon Fiesta.
PHCC invites attendees to mix business and leisure during the conference by attending one of several planned events, including:
TUESDAY, OCT. 9
- 4:30-9:30 a.m. — Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Ascension Viewing with Hot Air Balloon Ride. Lift off with Rainbow Ryders and hundreds of colorful hot air balloons! Rainbow Ryders is the ONLY company authorized to give balloon rides from BALLOON FIESTA® PARK for the world's largest balloon event. Includes transportation, balloon ride, admission to Fiesta Park and Chaser's Club. $400; 30-person limit
- 5-9:30 a.m. — Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Ascension Viewing. Few spectacles on earth rival the Mass Ascension of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, as upwards of 500 balloons lift off from Balloon Fiesta Park. Enjoy exploring Fiesta Park and chatting with the pilots and crews as they prepare the balloons for flight. Access to the Chaser's Club, offering seating in a private outdoor patio located next to the launch field. Hot breakfast buffet and beverages are included. Includes transportation, admission to Fiesta Park and Chaser's Club. $75; 50-person limit.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. — Sandia Peak Tramway with Visit to Old Town. Take a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, one of the world's longest free-span cable tramways! The 2.7-mile ride to the top will take you to an elevation of 10,378 feet above sea level, thousands of miles of breathtaking scenery and panoramic views. Visit to Old Town for time on your own or a walking tour of the historic Plaza area. Includes transportation, professional guide and bottled water; round-trip flight on the Tramway. $75; 50-person limit.
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. — Santa Fe Walking Tour. Founded in 1610, Santa Fe is the heart and soul of the Southwest. Take a guided walking tour, visiting the historic Plaza, St. Francis Cathedral; the Loretto Chapel, with its famous "miraculous" staircase; and the San Miguel Mission. Then, explore the area on your own or indulge in a southwestern shopping spree. Nearly all the city's main cultural attractions are within walking distance of the Plaza, including the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and Palace of the Governors. Includes transportation, professional guide; walking tour; admission to Loretto Chapel and San Miguel Mission. $75; 50-person limit
- 1-5 p.m. — Old Town Albuquerque and Museum Duo Tour. Founded in the early 18th century, Old Town is the original center of Albuquerque with narrow streets and century-old adobe houses now home to New Mexican eateries and tiny artisan shops. After a walking tour of the Plaza, visit the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center documenting the origins, spoken traditions, arts and crafts, and cultural development of the Pueblo Indians. And, the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History which chronicles the evolution of the Duke City and displays of Southwestern art. Includes transportation, professional guide; walking tour; museum admissions. $65; 30-person limit.
- 1-5 p.m. — Old Town Albuquerque and Bosque Biking Tour. Founded in the early 18th century, Old Town is the original center of Albuquerque with narrow streets and century-old adobe houses now home to New Mexican eateries and tiny artisan shops. After a walking tour of the Plaza, take a memorable bicycle journey through some of Albuquerque's most majestic scenery on a leisurely, scenic ride along the famous Rio Grande Bosque River Trail; a 2-hour, 9-mile ride enjoyable for all skill levels. Includes transportation; professional guide; walking tour; bike rental, helmet and water. $100; 20-person limit.
- 2-5 p.m. — Breaking Bad RV Tour. Bring the hit TV show to life on this 3-hour film location tour. You get to ride in the Breaking Bad RV just like the one on the show. Re-live the sights and sounds in this fully interactive, climate-controlled studio film location and see the Albuquerque of the sinister characters Jesse and Walter: where they lived, worked, and ate. In addition to visiting many of your favorite locations from the shows, you may also see other film locations from movies filmed in Albuquerque, such as Terminator, Avengers, Transformers, Independence Day 2, Maze Runner 2, and many more. Video played from the shows include scenes which contain adult material. $75; 50-person limit
SATURDAY, OCT. 13
- 5-9:30 a.m. — Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Mass Ascension. See description above. $75; 100-person limit.
For more information about PHCC CONNECT 2018 and to register for the event, visit www.phccweb.org.