MCAA Announces Winners At Awards Of Excellence Breakfast
The Mechanical Contractors Association of America gave out a number of awards during its Awards of Excellence Breakfast, March 4, during its annual convention, March 1-5 in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Shinn Mechanical Inc., Bellevue, Wash., won the E. Robert Kent Award for Management Innovation for its articulating welding boom.
The following companies won MCAA Safety Excellence Awards:
- 100,000 or fewer work hours: Quality Plumbing & Heating, Bunker Hill, Ind.
- 100,000-250,000 work hours: NEWJAC Inc., Lebannon, Ind.
- 250,000-400,000 work hours: Arden Engineering, Pawtucket, R.I.
- 400,000-1 million work hours: Madison Industrial Services, Glen Riddle, Pa.
- More than 1 million work hours: Scheck Mechanical, Countryside, Ill.
A record 27 chapters took part in this year’s Student Chapter Competition Awards. The winner was Northeastern University.
The association also recognized three new student chapters:
- Sacramento State Chapter of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America
- Wentworth Chapter of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America
- Utah Mechanical Contractors Association Student Chapter at Weber State