IAPMO is seeking applicants to serve as technical experts on Water Efficiency and Sanitation Standard (WE•Stand) task groups.
The WE•Stand Technical Committee is seeking special subject experts to join the following task groups:
- Alternate Waste Sizing: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for alternate sizing of waste side piping as was achieved with the alternate water supply sizing provisions previously published in the WE-Stand.
- Direct Potable Water Reuse: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for direct potable water reuse in residential applications and review available technology and methods for improving water quality to allow for direct reuse.
- Efficiency Rating Systems: The scope of this task group is to research the potential use of a rating system for water efficiency.
- Gray Water Ready Plumbing: The scope of this task group is to review gray water system provisions and generate new provisions for gray water-ready plumbing in new construction or plumbing remodels. Also, generate provisions for plumbing systems to promote resiliency and preparation for natural disaster.
- On-site Gray Water Treatment: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for the design, installation, construction, and maintenance of residential and commercial on-site gray water treatment systems for non-potable reuse.
- Premise Water Supply System Design: The scope of this task group is to investigate premise plumbing water supply system design provisions that would result in improved water quality and water- and/or energy-efficiency performance. Strategies to investigate include minimizing pipe sizes and lengths, strategically locating fixtures and appliances near each other and to the water heater, piping strategies to prevent or minimize stagnation, velocity minimums and maximums for water quality control, andtechnologies for leak detection devices.
- Urine Diversion Systems and Treatment: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for the collection, storage, and reuse of urine for agricultural use.
- Water Efficient Landscaping: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for improving water efficiency and conservation in landscaping applications.
- Water Metering Applications: The scope of this task group is to develop provisions for metering applications, fixture metering, sub-metering, water efficiency and conservation, and to include advanced metering of fixtures, water escape and unusual flow detection along with real time reporting capability.
Task group members will participate via conference call or web meeting, provide their perspective on the code, and assist in drafting recommendations for action by the WE•Stand Technical Committee. Applicants are not required to be members of the WE•Stand Technical Committee.
Those interested in participating on the WE•Stand Task Groups may apply at https://forms.iapmo.org/iapmo/committee/app_task_group.aspx
The deadline to apply is Oct. 22.
Interested individuals may also contact Taylor Costea at (909) 218-8126 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Abusive Comment