The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) — National Association’s annual convention, CONNECT 2017, drew more than 860 plumbing, heating and cooling professionals to Milwaukee in early October for three days of networking, learning, problem-solving, fundraising and celebrating. The event included seminars, keynote presentations, an apprentice competition, charitable giving and more.
Several award winners were recognized at the event, including:
• PHCC/Delta Apprentice of the Year: Matt Johnson, Midwestern Mechanical, Sioux Falls, S.D.;
• PHCC/Delta Plumbing Contractor of the Year: Evan Hibbs, Evan Hibbs Plumbing, Portsmouth, Va.;
• PHCC HVAC Contractor of the Year: Dan Foley, Foley Mechanical, Lorton, Va.;
• Federated Insurance’s “Safety First!” Contractor of the Year Award: Kealan O’Neil, R.J. O’Neil, Montgomery, Ill.; and
• Plumbing Instructor of the Year: Robert Hahn, R.C. Hahn, Paterson, N.J.
This year’s Plumbing Apprentice Contest winners are:
• 1st Place: Daniel Judd, Judd Plumbing, Virginia;
• 2nd Place: Tony Prins, Domestic Plumbing Co., Iowa; and
• 3rd Place: Ryan Johnson, Michael & Son, Virginia.
This year’s HVAC Apprentice Contest winners are:
• 1st Place: Sean Dobbs, UA Local 486, Maryland;
• 2nd Place: Marshall Brahm, UA Local 601, Wisconsin; and
• 3rd Place: Allen Maslo, UA Local 597, Illinois.
This year’s PHCC Appreciation Award went to Jeffrey Kuhn of S & K Pump and Plumbing in Brookfield, Wisc., and the PHCC Educational Foundation Chairman's Award was given to Richard Kerzetski of Universal Plumbing and Heating Co. in Las Vegas.
Incoming PHCC President Laurie Crigler also spoke about the organization’s goals during CONNECT and what she hopes to accomplish in her year as president.
“We need to advocate for good laws and regulations in our industry,” she told attendees. “We do not need uninformed legislators imposing laws and regulations on our businesses. We need legislators to understand what role our small businesses play in the growth of this country … and that is where PHCC comes in.”
PHCC CONNECT will co-locate with the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) conference Oct. 9-12 in Albuquerque, N.M. Visit www.phccweb.org for more information.
Report Abusive Comment