New Board Of Directors For PHCC Educational Foundation
Sixteen new members of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Educational Foundation Board of Directors were sworn in at their first in-person meeting on Oct. 20, 2009. This is the first time since the foundation was established in 1986 that it has had a board of members distinct from the PHCC - National Association board.
“There is so much important work for both organizations to get done that everyone felt the time was right for us to establish a separate board that could devote its full attention to foundation governance and educational programming,” commented Foundation Chairperson Bill Jones. “The change has also allowed us to reach out to the industry and include some additional talent on the board.”
The individuals seated in these newly established positions will allow the organization to tap into a broad range industry expertise. Rex Martin of Nibco Inc. is the foundation board’s first industry manufacturer representative. Thomas Applegate from the Association for Career and Technical Education is serving as the professional educator representative. The board now also includes representatives from the PHCC Association Executives Council and the PHCC National Auxiliary, two groups that play critical roles within the PHCC family.
The new board members will work actively in 2010 to help the foundation accomplish its educational goals and serve as liaisons to the volunteer-led committees that power its program development.
The 2009-2010 PHCC Educational Foundation board of directors are:
- Chairperson: William P. Jones, Raven Mechanical, Houston, Texas.
- Vice Chairperson: Jo Rae Wagner, CTO Inc., Harlingen, Texas.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Ron Newman, Lakes Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Inc., Spirit Lake, Iowa.
- Board members: Thomas Applegate, Rex Martin, Laurie Crigler, Nancy Jones, Michael J. Kastner, Frank Maddalon, Frank Monroe, Skip Pfeffer, George Raburn, Ann Rivers, Paul Swan, Ike Casey and Gerry Kennedy.
New Major DonorsIn other news, the PHCC Educational Foundation announced the addition of four new major Endowment Fund donors to its Board of Governors:
- James and Patricia Lewis, James L. Lewis Inc., Chenago Forks, N.Y.
- Frank and Iris Maddalon, F.R. Maddalon Plumbing and Heating Inc., Trenton, N.J.
- Ron and Jeanette Newman, Lakes Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Inc., Spirit Lake, Iowa.
- PHCC of Massachusetts State Chapter, Braintree, Mass.
The Foundation Board of Governors consists of contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers who have made major contributions of their funds, time and expertise to supporting education and training for the plumbing-heating-cooling industry. Many also serve as the foundation’s core volunteer leaders and committee members.