Technician's Guide & Workbook for EPA 608 Test
This Guide and Workbook provides information to aid you in your efforts to become certified under the refrigerant recovery and recycling program of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is designed for technicians who already have a working knowledge of the trade and wish to become certified. To fully expose you to everything on the test, you must read this book cover to cover.
EPA regulations (40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F) under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act require that technicians who maintain, service, repair, or dispose of equipment that could release ozone-depleting refrigerants into the atmosphere be certified. The test questions for that certification test were updated in 2018.
This book contains the following:
This guide is not designed to make you a qualified technician! Extensive on-the-job training coupled with related educational classroom sessions are a must for anyone who plans to be a competent technician. If it is your desire to learn about the trade through this document, you will be disappointed-there is no single book that can teach you everything you need to know about HVACR or any other industry.
- Links to EPA Sites
- Definitions of Section 608 Terms
- Chapter 1: Core
- Chapter 2: Type I Small Appliances
- Chapter 3: Type II High Pressure Appliances
- Chapter 4: Type III Low Pressure Appliances
- Appendix 1: ODP and GWP for Selected Refrigerants
- Appendix 2: Refrigerant Class and Color
- Appendix 3: Refrigerant Pressure Temperature Chart
- Appendix 4: Practice Exam