NGWA Offers 1-Day Geothermal Heat Pump Well Construction Course
Contractors interested in entering the geothermal heat pump well construction market can take a one-day course June 20 in Muncie, Ind., offered by the National Ground Water Association.
Geothermal well construction generally uses the same equipment and requires many of the same skills used by water well contractors. However, some additional training is needed, as well as new approaches to managing equipment and human and financial resources.
Participants will learn:
- How geothermal well construction differs from traditional well construction
- What changes to consider in a geothermal business model
- Geothermal well construction terminology
- The importance of soil and geologic formations in geothermal installations
- Grouting applications
- Geothermal benefits for consumers
The course “Geothermal Heat Pump Well Construction 101” is worth 0.75 continuing education units to water well system contractors currently holding NGWA certifications. Also, the new NGWA Voluntary Certification Program Geothermal Heat Pump Exam may be offered following the class to pre-registrants who indicate an interest by June 12.
For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800/551-7379 or 614/898-7791.