- Collecting information on school drinking water and identifying assistance to implement a school lead control program.
- Developing a plumbing profile.
- Developing a drinking water testing plan.
- Testing the facilities' drinking water for lead.
- Correcting problems when elevated lead levels are found.
- Communicating with the school community about school lead-control programs.
EPA Helps Schools Reduce Lead In Drinking Water
April 1, 2006
The Environmental Protection Agency released a special tool kit to encourage school officials and child care facilities to reduce lead in their drinking water. The “3Ts for Reducing Lead in Drinking Water at Schools and Child Care Facilities Toolkit” contains materials to implement a voluntary “training, testing and telling” strategy. Steps in the program include: