PPFA Forms New Committee
Manufacturers of thermoplastic industrial piping will comprise the Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association's new Thermoplastic Industrial Pipe Product Line Committee. The group materialized after the PPFA hosted a session for thermoplastic piping systems manufacturers and those in attendance agreed an organization devoted to their cause was necessary.
The group has identified industrial piping systems as all but irrigation, residential plumbing and commercial nonpressure plumbing. Members also discerned five objectives:
- Increase awareness of industrial piping systems for specifiers, installers and end users.
- Obtain and share knowledge via a forum.
- Educate specifiers, installers and end users industrial piping systems' benefits and correct applications.
- Monitor and influence legislation and regulation relevant to piping systems.
- Address technical issues related to products and their applications.
David Chasis of NIBCO Inc. was elected chairman of the committee.