The study results conclude that:
- 64 percent of Americans are concerned about the quality of their water. This is a 20 percent increase from a 2001 study.
- Nearly half (45 percent) believe their drinking water is not as safe as it should be, a 10 percent increase from 2001.
- The majority of American consumers (72 percent) believe that bottled water is superior to tap water. Americans are increasing their use of bottled water.
- About one third have some type of filtration product in their home.
- Most believe the general health of their families is being affected by contaminants in tap water and that filtration products improve their families' overall quality of life.
- 51 percent believe that federal laws governing drinking water quality are not strict enough, and most would favor an increase in the cost of water if their city could provide 100 percent contaminant-free water.
Report Abusive Comment