Glendale Heights, Illinois-based Voris Mechanical announced it is celebrating its 75th anniversary.
The third generation full service mechanical contractor is known as a professional firm of exceptional skills in construction and installation of piping, HVAC, commercial refrigeration and HVACR service. The company's reputation of excellence is earned through continued performance for a diverse range of commercial, industrial, institutional, governmental and municipal clients.
The company was started May 8, 1946 on Menard Avenue in Chicago, as the George Voris Co. In the mid-1950s, the business moved to 2414 W Fulton Street, Chicago, and the name changed to Voris Inc. Upon the death of George J. Voris and his wife Marie. Their sons George F. Voris and William J. Voris inherited the business and ran it until they dissolved their partnership in 1980.
George F Voris and Celine Voris started Voris Mechanical in April of 1981, and its headquarters was built in Roselle, Illinois. The company then moved to its current location in Glendale Heights in 1990. Kimberley Voris and Gerald Voris, daughter-in-law and son of George and Celine Voris, currently run the full service, woman-owned mechanical contracting business.