In what was a challenging year between a global pandemic, a record-breaking 30 storms for the 2020 hurricane season and unprecedented wildfires, Waco-based complementary brands, Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, capped off another milestone year filled with expansion, new programs, awards and more, underscoring the essential demand for both companies.
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain awarded six new locations, entered Virginia, and is now servicing eight states. Restoration 1 awarded 40 new locations, expanded into West Virginia, Utah, South Dakota and the District of Columbia, and ended the year awarding 350 locations to-date across 43 states.
“While 2020 was a catastrophic year for so many people, it was a heroic year for our superior staff, hardworking franchisees and a rapidly-growing network across both brands to take this organization to the next level,” said Gary Findley, CEO of Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain. “Despite the challenges our world is facing, our business continues to thrive as we meet and exceed our growth goals year over year.”
Highlights across the brands' network in 2020 included:
- Restoration 1 and sister brand bluefrog Plumbing + Drain were acquired by MPK Equity Partners at a time when the essential businesses continued to grow in the recession-resistant sectors they serve;
- Restoration 1 named Sherry Rose as COO;
- Restoration 1 rolled out its “Keep It Clean” Program to help America reopen in response to COVID-19;
- Restoration 1 was recognized in the Inc. 5000 list;
- Franchise Times named Restoration 1 to the list of Fast & Serious franchises and the Top 200+ list for 2021;
- Entrepreneur magazine ranked Restoration 1 to the Franchise 500 for the eighth consecutive year and named it to the “Hottest Industries in Franchising;”
- bluefrog Plumbing + Drain adopted virtual options for customers amid the COVID-19 pandemic;
- National media coverage for the brands and CEO Findley appeared in Authority magazine, Realtor online, Thrive Global, Franchise Times, Plumbing & Mechanical magazine, Restoration & Remediation magazine and more;
- Findley also spoke at the Titus Center for Franchising and was named a judge in the school’s newly launched Franchise Hot Seat, a web series that gives rising franchisors the chance to seek the mentorship, advice or financial support of global leaders in the franchise community.