QSC Vice President and COO Charlie Wallace endures the chopping block during Andy Hickman’s motivational and magic presentation at Power Meeting XL, Fort Worth, Texas. Photo credit: Kelly Faloon/Plumbing & Mechanical
Plumbing, heating and cooling contractors learned how to “create their own destiny” at the Quality Service Contractors’ Power Meeting XL, held Feb. 27-March 1 in Fort Worth, Texas — from Tony Jeary’s tips on gaining clarity and focus in your business and taking a strategic approach to executing goals, to Milton Frank Plumbing’s Jessica Burden sharing mobile apps for office and field staff, to motivational speaker Patrick Snow’s four steps to achieving destiny (dream, plan, execute and soar), to QSC Business Coach Les Hanks’ guidance on recruiting, retaining and leading employees.
Burden’s session on mobile apps for iPads, iPhones and Android phones included must-have business apps such as:
- Documents to go. Allows IOS and Android users to view, edit and create Microsoft office files.
- TripIt. Keep track of flights, car reservations, hotels and meeting agendas.
- Evernote. A searchable note-taking app that can be used for project management.
- Dropbox. A file backup and synching app.
- Houzz. This app is an online platform for remodeling and design, and showrooms.
The next QSC meeting will be in Nashville, Tenn., during Comfortech, Sept. 9-12.
Report Abusive Comment