Top HVAC apprentices named at PHCC’s First National Contest
The first HVAC Apprentice Contest was held on Oct. 16-17, 2013, at PHCC CONNECT 2013 in Las Vegas.
The Top 3 HVAC apprentices received awards in the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation’s first HVAC Apprentice Contest, held on Oct. 16-17, 2013, in Las Vegas.
The Foundation’s HVACR Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC-NA’s CONNECT 2013 Product & Technology Showcase. A portion of the contest was hosted by the College of Southern Nevada’s HVAC program in Henderson, Nev.
And the 2013 winners were:
- 1st Place— Tyler Plueger, Norwalk-La Mirada Plumbing & Heating, Norwalk, Calif.
- 2nd Place — Mike Deeben, M. E. Flow Inc., Leesburg, Va.
- 3rd Place — Robert Monroe, Shapiro & Duncan, Rockville, Md.
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
- Scott Balmer, Scott Balmer, ShoffnerKalthoff Mechanical Electrical Service, Knoxville, Tenn.
- David Dugger, ShoffnerKalthoff Mechanical Electrical Service, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Bill Jones, Raven Mechanical, LLC, Houston, Tex.
- Craig Lewis, R.E.C. Industries, Inc., Bryan, Tex.
- Warren Lupson, Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute, Arlington, Va.
- Ron Newman, Lakes Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc., Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Crystal Schnurr, College of Southern Nevada, Henderson, Nev.
- Jamie Simpson, Schaal Heating & Cooling, Inc., Des Moines, Iowa