Eight Kohler Toilets To Bear EPA WaterSense Label
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is beginning to test products for its WaterSense program, a voluntary labeling program that encourages water efficiency and the use of water-efficient products that perform as well as or better than their less-efficient counterparts. As of April, eight toilets from Kohler Co. earned the WaterSense label, which means these toilets use at least 20 percent less water than standard 1.6 gallons-per-flush toilets while still meeting strict flushing performance guidelines.
The eight Kohler and Sterling toilets that will bear the WaterSense label are:
- Kohler San Raphael® Power Lite® toilet - K-3393
- Kohler Highline® Pressure Lite™ 1.1 gpf toilet - K-3519
- Kohler Wellworth® Pressure Lite 1.1 gpf toilet - K-3531
- Sterling Stanton™ toilet with Dual Force™ technology - 402040
- Sterling Karsten™ toilet with Dual Force technology - 402025
- Sterling Karsten toilet with Dual Force technology - 402028
- Sterling Rockton™ toilet with Dual Force technology - 402024
- Sterling Rockton toilet with Dual Force technology - 402027
In other news, Kohler Co. said it has joined the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments, a nonprofit organization that seeks to inform decision-makers that the choices they make regarding their facilities can be economically and environmentally sustainable. Kohler brings a focus on water conservation to companies that belong to the Alliance.