The three-day event includes seminars, a green building products showcase and a tour of Johnson Control’s headquarters, which was retrofitted to LEED Gold status. Here are just a few seminars highlights:
- David Allen, executive vice president of McKinstry Co., will discuss emerging markets for mechanical contractors in “clean” energy technology.
- Chuck Gaziano, vice president/healthcare and research group of McKenney’s Inc., will talk about the role commissioning plays in the LEED process.
- Dave Kruse, president, LJ Kruse Co., and current MCAA president; and Jim Allen, water efficiency director, Sloan Valve Co., will tell contractors how to “green” their plumbing installation and service operations.
- Julius Ballanco, president of JB Engineering Code Consulting, current president of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers and columnist for PM and PM Engineer, will discuss existing green codes. He’ll be joined by Phil Campbell, training director of UA Local 25.
- Tom Hicks, U.S. Green Building Council vice president, will discuss future trends in sustainability.