Home Depot, ServiceMaster To Pilot Home Services Program
A pilot program will be launched in three test markets early this year. During the pilot program, the new co-branded services will be offered in approximately 30 stores.
Illinois-based ServiceMaster boasts a strong portfolio of home services for more than 12 million customers worldwide. Its brands include Terminix, TruGreen ChemLawn, Merry Maids and Rescue Rooter.
These services will add to Home Depot's existing offering of product installation and home improvement services, which include carpet and flooring installation, kitchen cabinet and countertop installation, door and window replacements, and roof replacements, among other services.
"An increasing number of our customers are asking us to handle their home improvement projects and home maintenance needs because they don't have the time or desire to take on these projects themselves," said Robert Nardelli, president and CEO of The Home Depot. "ServiceMaster's wide range of residential services and their reputation for offering excellent customer care make them an ideal partner."
The services include:
- Home Depot-TruGreen landscaping, lawn care and tree/shrub services;
- Home Depot-Terminix termite and pest control services;
- Home Depot-American Home Shield home warranty contracts;
- Home Depot-ServiceMaster Clean residential carpet and upholstery cleaning services;
- Home Depot-American Residen-tial Services plumbing repair and fixture installation services; and
- Home Depot-Rescue Rooter drain cleaning services.
The program will be promoted in the test stores through kiosks, signage and promotional activities. Direct marketing to Home Depot customers and other prospects will also be employed.