The Radiant Panel Association will hold its REX 2002 annual conference and trade show, May 8-11, at the Cincinnati Conference Center, Cincinnati, Ohio. This year's conference theme is "It's Good To Be Green...Radiant Green."
"The radiant industry has energy and health benefits that can contribute to a better lifestyle while saving energy and improving indoor living," says Lawrence Drake, executive director of the RPA. "Radiant heating is very efficient at keeping people comfortable and in its miserly use of energy as well. We think it's time for radiant industry to let these benefits be known to the world."
Alexis Karolides, senior associate at the Rocky Mountain Institute, will give the keynote address on how to incorporate radiant technology in green construction. The institute is a nonprofit think tank dedicated to the efficient use of natural resources.
Here's a quick look at other highlights:
- Wednesday, May 8, is designated as "Industry Opportunity Day." Various manufacturers will conduct training and orientation sessions on their products throughout the day. The RPA will also be conducting the "Radiant Basics" and "Radiant Precision" one-day schools. A welcome reception hosted by the exhibitors is planned for the REX tradeshow area Wednesday evening.
- Thursday and Friday, May 9-10, will be packed with concurrent seminars and panel discussions on a wide variety of radiant topics such as "Making a Greenhouse Green," "The Whole Comfort Solution," "Scaling Up for Bigger Jobs," "Solar and Radiant Floors," and "Making a Good System Great." In all, 25 different sessions to be presented by 31 industry experts and field-savvy individuals.
- Thursday evening, May 9, marks the annual System Showcase Awards Dinner.
- Friday, May 10, will feature a special program for architects, designers and builders. An AIA Continuing Education four-hour course on radiant heating for those who design and construct buildings will be presented in the morning followed by a presentation by builders experienced in using radiant in "healthy home" and "green building" projects.
- After the classes and seminars are concluded each day Wednesday through Friday, the REX exhibit hall will be opened and 160 booth spaces will exhibit the latest in radiant heating technology, products and services. Hands-on workshops will be conducted in the workshop area adjacent to the exhibit hall. Demonstrations of equipment and software will be ongoing and attendees can try their hand at stapling up tube or installing electric cable, etc. System Showcase winning projects will also be on display.
- Saturday, May 11, the RPA will hold its Annual Meeting.
PM Hosts 'Thanks For The Tip'Want to share a money-saving, time-saving tip with your fellow radiant heat contractors - and have a chance at winning $50? Pass it on at our third annual "Thanks For The Tip" program held during the REX 2002.
The program will he held Friday, May 10 at 10 a.m. You must attend the program to collect the cash. Cash awards will be presented by various manufacturers.
PM editor Steve Smith will host the event. Send your tips by e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, company and phone number.