PM has teamed up with ecoflex, the European manufacturer of preinsulated flexible piping, to sponsor a tour of the 1999 ISH Fair in Frankfurt, Germany, March 23–27, 1999. ISH is the world’s largest plumbing-heating exhibition. Almost 2,000 exhibitors span more than 20 exhibit halls, and it is attended by a worldwide audience of more than 230,000 people.
The PM/Ecoflex excursion will cost $1,995 for single occupancy and $1,495 per person for double occupancy, covering five nights and six days. Plane fare is separate, but our tour travel agent will help arrange lowest possible air fares from points of departure throughout the U.S. Guests will arrive on Tuesday, March 23, and depart the following Sunday, March 28. The package includes:
- Accommodations: Visitors will stay in rooms on a luxury boat docked on the Main River, a little more than a mile away from the Messe Frankfurt facility housing the ISH Show. All rooms have two single beds, a shower and toilet.
- Transportation: Transportation will be provided to and from the airport and the luxury boat, as well as to and from the ISH Fair.
- Breakfast and speakers: Every day will begin with breakfast and speakers.
- Dinner and entertainment: Dinner will be provided each evening followed by an entertainment program with separate international themes each night.
- Ecoflex plant tour: One day of the excursion will be planned for a tour of the Uponor/Ecoflex plant in Marl, Germany, about a two-hour drive from Frankfurt. (Ecoflex is a subsidiary of Uponor, which is also the parent company of Wirsbo.)
- Heidelberg tour: Another day will be reserved for a trip to historic Heidelberg, one of Germany’s most picturesque cities.
Our tour is limited to 40 rooms. A deposit must be paid by Oct. 15 to reserve a spot. To register call Anne Coffelt toll-free at 877/ECOFLEX (326-3539), or 707/833-6900.
For more information about the ISH Fair, call PM editorial director Jim Olsztynski at 847/297-3714.
PM sponsored a group excursion to the 1995 ISH Fair that received rave reviews from those attending. At that time, however, we did not have a co-sponsor. With Ecoflex’s help in arranging hospitality and other considerations, the 1999 tour will be less expensive and contain more amenities than the 1995 version.
Here are some of the comments from persons attending the 1995 ISH Show with the PM group:
- “Truly, this is a show every plumbing and heating contractor should attend. Manufacturers and suppliers could also benefit from a trip to heating wonderland ... My best friends forewarned me about the immensity of the show. They were right.” — Robert “Hot Rod” Rohr.
- “My father and I had a great time in Germany ... You did a first class job on this trip.” — Jack Simonson, Jr.
- “I had a very positive experience and have made several lifelong friends. Thank you for your kindness and attention to detail.” — Daniel Hennesey.
Most of those attending agreed that being part of a group added to the experience, especially in a foreign country where the odds are long against running into acquaintances. However, because registrants have different interests, they are on their own to explore the ISH Show.
Because of the size of the show, PM will offer its guests tips on how to plan their journey to get the most out of it in view of individual priorities.
Registration is first-come, first served with deposits. We expect to sell out.