Chilled beams for high-efficiency cooling
SEMCO introduces the IQHC Series of active chilled beams that provide high-efficiency cooling/heating and are specifically designed for the loads of hospitals, office buildings and schools.
SEMCO introduces the IQHC (high capacity) Series of active chilled beams that provide high-efficiency cooling/heating and are specifically designed for the loads of hospitals, office buildings and schools. The quick-installing IQHC saves time because of five universal 6” diameter duct knockouts with spin-fit collars located in any of the four sides and universal water piping connection locations. Each beam easily snaps into two included mounting brackets.
The IQHC offers one of the industry’s highest capacities, but features up to a 25% and 50% reduction in pump and fan horsepower, respectively, vs. conventional chilled water loop or rooftop forced-air HVAC system methods.
SEMCO’s design features a proprietary 12-slot nozzle that’s field-adjustable with two easily-accessed hand-operated levers. The integral flow pattern control can also be angled as much as 45° to address room hotspots. The nozzle adjustment additionally provides a unilateral, disproportional or equal air volume from each side.
The beams can be installed in a ceiling grid or as a pendant, the latter which highlights the IQHC’s aesthetic 22-gauge construction and powder-coated finish.
The 2-ft.-wide IQHC is available as two-pipe or four-pipe models each in four sizes — four- (3,800 Btu/hr.), six -(5,000 Btu/hr.), eight- (7,420 Btu/hr.) and 10-ft.-long (9,700 Btu/hr.) — nominally rated at 1/2 gpm and 0.5-inch w.g.
The IQHC is designed to operate with any dedicated outdoor air system, such as SEMCO’s Pinnacle Series, which uses exhaust heat recovery and molecular sieve enthalpy wheel technologies to efficiently deliver drier air at higher temperatures, thus eliminating the potential of condensation. Specifying both the IQHC and Pinnacle offers engineers a single-source responsibility system of cooling, dehumidification and heating.
Other IQHC features include:
- Hinged perforated steel panel provides easy coil access for recommended five-year periodic cleaning and maintenance;
- Universal duct knockouts allow for quick aftermarket room reconfigurations;
- Easy-access, externally-located universal 1/2” (o.d.) fittings allow water connections conveniently located in an unobstructed beam top position;
- Design software allows for quick time-saving global changes to any parameter;
- Pendant-mounted designs utilize plates to take advantage of the Coanda Effect that enhances an even air distribution down to the floor even when there is no ceiling or wall present; and
- Every beam includes a quick response (QR) code to provide additional SEMCO website information.