Fire officials say all signs point to the Mylar panels and radiant heating in the floor as the culprits in triggering the blaze.

Fire in a converted garage charred a home in Idaho earlier this month. Wood River Incident Commander Bart Lassman told the Idaho Mountain Express that all signs pointed to the radiant heating in the floor as the culprit in triggering the blaze.

From the article:

    "After speaking with an electrician, it appears that these Mylar panels that were built into the floor are not made to be in the floor, but the ceiling," Lassman said. "There was a mattress on the floor, no box spring. The occupant renting the room said he had been smelling smoke for quite some time, even back to this summer, but thought it was from the Castle Rock Fire."
For the complete article click here >>