Water heater manufacturer A. O. Smith will provide college, university and vocational school scholarships to 10 students for the 2012-2013 school year through its Professional Contractor Association. Since the program began in 2001, A. O. Smith has assisted 130 students.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Shawn Bolton of Edgewater, N.J., a student at Burlington County Institute of Technology, West Hampton, N.J.;
- Meredith Brinkman of Fowler, Ill., an accounting major at University of Illinois, Urbana, Ill.;
- Chelsey Browell of Ephrata, Pa., a speech pathology major at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, Pa.;
- Brittany Histing of Sicklerville, N.J., a nursing major at University of Connecticut, Storrs, Conn.;
- Lisa Houghton-Luongo of Boynton Beach, Fla., an English major at Florida Atlantic University, Davie, Fla.;
- Emily Hugo of Memphis, Tenn., a forensic chemistry major at University of Mississippi, Lafayette, Miss.;
- Allison Licwov of Beverly, W. Va., a chemistry and pharmacy major at West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, W. Va.;
- Travis Mack of Devils Lake, N.D., a public relations and advertising major at North Dakota State University, Fargo, N.D.;
- Jatelyn Meyer of Britton, S.D., a business administration major at Northern State University, Aberdeen, S.D.;
- Samantha Weaver of Lititz, Pa., a biology major at Goshen College, Goshen, Ind.
The scholarship program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates and GED recipients or students currently enrolled in a full-time accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational school. Any spouse, child or grandchild of a PCA member with a desire for continuing his or her education may compete for a scholarship award.