A.O. Smith Water Products Co. announced the recipients of its 2008 Professional Contractor Association Scholarship Program. The 10 finalists were selected from more than 100 applicants nationwide, and each recipient received $2,000 to apply toward higher education pursuits.
The 10 scholarship recipients are:
- Abby M. Jensen of Monticello,
Iowa, a chemical engineering major at Iowa State University
- Bradley S. Kuhns of Mason,
Ill., a pharmacy major at Butler University
- Eric L. Martin of Salem,
Ill., a biology major at Southeast Missouri State University
- Erin E. Mazzeo of Melbourne,
Fla., a communications major at Flagler College
- Shannon E. McGoldrick of Stamford,
Conn., an architecture major at the University of Notre Dame
- Megan L. McKee of Bowling
Green, Ky., a nursing student at Western Kentucky University
- Jay W. McMillan of Coldwater,
Mich., a pre-medicine major at Kalamazoo College
- Evan T. Pauken of Mount
Pleasant, Mich., a music education major at Central Michigan University
- Sarah A. Rinehart of Marshalltown,
Iowa, a biomedical engineering major at the University of Iowa
- Bailey Wilson of Caldwell, Idaho, a criminal justice studies major at the University of Idaho
A.O. Smith founded PCA in 1999 to help contractors succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace. In addition to the scholarship program, PCA offers its members business training and services to enhance their professional image and expand their business into new commercial water heater markets.
For more information, visit www.aospca.com.