ThePlumbing Manufacturers Instituteis sponsoring Senate Bill 651 in the California legislature in order to clarify Section 116875 of the Health and Safety Code, the statute that was amended by the plumbing lead reduction law AB 1953.
Issues to be clarified include:
- 1. which products the law applies to;
2. the manner in which the maximum allowable lead content is to be determined;
3. interpretation of the bill's phrase, "no person shall introduce into commerce";
4. the manner in which products are to be certified in compliance;
5. the manner in which regulations are developed to address enforcement and other implementation issues.