IAPMO is committed to serving plumbing and mechanical communities around the world. Since first developing the Uniform Plumbing Code in 1945, IAPMO has been dedicated to the orderly yet aggressive evolution of codes and product standards best able to address the needs of the public and the plumbing/mechanical communities in hundreds of jurisdictions.
Pennsylvania-based Riley Sales, a family-owned and -operated HVAC distributor since 1955, recently rolled out its Riley Green Team, devoted to energy and money conservation.
Other members of GreenMech include Carrier, NIBCO, Ferris State University, Legend Valve, Mechanical Contractors Association of America, ABCO Refrigeration, Watts Radiant, United Association, Floor Heat Co., Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation, Legend Hydronics, Bacharach, HVAC Excellence and Mechanical Services Contractors of America.
The goals of the Green Mechanical Council are:
- Provide specialized focus in structural mechanical systems to include plumbing, HVACR, electrical and related systems.
- Provide recognition of its membership as leaders in energy-efficiency materials, technology, design, installation and service.
- Provide education and training to enable members to maximize the efficiency of existing mechanical systems and specifying high-performance replacements.
- Provide current information about people, products and processes to enable members to stay at the cutting edge of their trade.
- Provide members networking opportunities with other members and industry leaders.
- Provide educational outreach to the public to increase awareness of the benefits of energy-efficient systems and the advantage of engaging our members’ services.
- Provide input to code authorities to help write effective and meaningful standards regarding mechanical systems.
- Provide a forum for members through advisory boards.
- Provide an effective network with similar-minded organizations.
For more about IAPMO, go towww.iapmo.org. For more about Riley Sales, go towww.rileysales.com. For more about the Green Mechanical Council, go towww.greenmech.org, or call 888/299-4328.