In-Sink-Erator and the National Association of Home Builders Women's Council renewed a tradition at the 2005 International Builders' Show - the Spikette Awards. The program helps encourage talented, motivated young people to enter the building industry through scholarship grants. Pictured is Jeannie Williams of Arkansas, who was the Women's Council's top recruiter for the sixth year in a row and received the National Spikette Award. She received a plaque from the council and a $500 scholarship award grant.
The following regional award winners received a $300 scholarship grant and a special pin:
- - Northeast Region A: Donna Dupuis of the Women's Council of New Hampshire.
- Southeast Region B: Amy Calhoun of the Greater Montgomery BA Women's Council.
- Midwest Region C: Yvonne Lowry of the HBA of Livingston County, Mich.
- Midwest, Mid-South and Texas Region D: Debbie James of the Central Oklahoma BA.
- American West Region E: Karen Dry of the Southern California Women's Council.
There were two Rookies of the Year -- Kathleen Kramer and Shari Walters, both of the Northern California Women's Council. They won $500 scholarship grants.
Report Abusive Comment