It was originally a K-12 school built by Frederick J. DeLongchamps in 1914. It was decommissioned in the mid-1970s, and placed on both the State and National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
In 1992, the facility was approved for an adaptive re-use, in which it will serve as a multidisciplinary community arts center. Haws was asked by the plumbing contractor to help in the restoration of the original bilateral student/faculty drinking fountains. The company refinished the bowls and added contemporary bubblers.
Mike Maciosek, Haws’ senior technical support representative, is the official Heritage Service contact. A 23-year Haws veteran, he has access to all the archives of past model product information. Contact Maciosek for restoration information at 775/353-8336.