Lochinvar Moves To New Headquarters
Before the move, Lochinvar had operated from six separate facilities throughout Tennessee. The new facility consolidates all those operation into one building. Some highlights of the new facility include the following:
- A 104-seat, amphitheater-style training equipped with the latest audio/visual technologies, as well as an adjacent hands-on training lab for service and installation training. (For more information, look for the October issue of PM.)
- The new manufacturing operation produces 65 models and uses a "quality at the source" program to check the quality of product coming off the line. From the inspection of the raw materials to a final check of packaging, the company conducts 78 quality checkpoints.
- A commercial storage tank plant produces ASME-certified tanks varying in capacity from 200 to 5,000 gallons. The production process uses automated fiber optic laser to cut openings in the steel tank shells, a programmable spraying arm with a four-head spray nozzle to apply the glass lining to the interior of the tanks, and a furnace system that uses the largest intermittent, indexing furnace in North America.
- A new engineering development lab will enable the company's engineers to produce and test new designs.
- The new facility also serves as the southeastern distribution center with 75,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space.