On June 28-29, 2011, Uponorwill host the National Fire Sprinkler Association as it presents an overview of the National Fire Protection Association 13 Standard to commercial fire sprinkler installers.
The two-day seminar held at the Uponor Academy in Apple Valley, Minn., will cover critical elements of the NFPA 13 Standard, the most recognized building industry standard for the installation of commercial fire sprinkler systems.
“Although this training is for commercial systems and we offer a residential system, we are proud to have the NFSA here to bring more education and awareness to the fire sprinkler industry as a whole,” saidJayson Drake, senior product manager of plumbing and fire safety at Uponor. “These trainings provide the vital information necessary to ensure the layout, installation and inspection of commercial fire sprinkler systems is current and consistent.”
Seminar topics will include:
- Tentative interim amendment, errata and formal interpretation information.
- Hazard and commodity classifications.
- System components and hardware.
- Requirements for various system types.
- Sprinkler installation requirements.
- Sprinkler spacing, location and protection limits.
- Rules for obstructions and omissions.
- Hanging, bracing and restraint guidelines.
- Water supply requirements.
- Plans and calculations.
- Acceptance testing
The two-day seminar runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, and registration begins promptly at 7:30 a.m. To register for the event, visitwww.nfsa.organd click on Training.