Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies

The hard sell doesn’t work with today’s consumers

Two-faced or true-faced?
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

I’d hear, “This is going to hurt you worse than it hurts me,” just before getting my rearward region spanked into next week. Whenever I used to hear this phrase — which was shockingly regular — I used to think, “Then why do it?” I mean, can’t we spare some pain for both of us by overlooking that little melted-crayon-in-the-Easy-Bake Oven-incident?

Read More

Marketing lessons from Boy Scouts

Relationships are based on familiarity.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

Was I ever really 14? Some may contend “you still are mentally,” but at least I’ve matured, you booger-eater. A while back, I went on an outing with my son and five Boy Scouts.  

Read More

‘Word-of-mouth’ marketing that works

Testimonials are very powerful, and seriously underused in contracting.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

“I’m building my business by word of mouth.” Lots of us have heard that phrase — and even said it.  

Read More

No train, no gain

Give techs the confidence they need to sell your services and increase your profit.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

Imagine this …One day, John rolls out of bed, steps out onto his front porch to fetch the paper and while staring into the clear blue sky, thinks to himself “Yep, today’s the day. The weather is perfect and I’ve got some free time — I think I’ll fly a plane.

Read More

Great opening = great close

Use attention-grabbing statements relevant to customers’ needs.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

How well you close is perhaps the ultimate judge of your sales success. But how you open has a lot to do with whether you get to close at all!

Read More

Tips to avoid the common irritating habits that drive customers crazy

Stop driving customers away.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments

Ever wonder why the most irritated people always call you? Actually, it could have less to do with you than it does with the kind of contracting business you’re in.  

Read More

Customers are Raising the Bar

Keep them by exceeding their expectations.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments
What’s up with customers these days? It’s like they want better value, quality products, efficient service and someone they can count on. Then, if they don’t find what they’re looking for, they’re on to someone who’s got what it takes.
Read More

The Most Powerful Marketing

Publicity can increase the name recognition, image and brand of your company.
By Adams Hudson
No Comments
Publicity can increase the name recognition, image and brand of your company.
Read More

Cracking the Google code

No Comments
Everybody says, “You should be on page 1 of Google,” but no one tells you how. This will help change all that.

Read More

Wanted: Marketing and sales villains

By Adams Hudson
No Comments
Illustrate the contrast to increase leads and close sales.

Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 Truck of the Month

PM has featured so many great plumbing service trucks! See plenty of them here in our Truck Of The Month Archives page. Are you proud of your truck? Go to our Truck of the Month page to find out how your service truck could be chosen!

9/16/14 9:00 am PDT

Free Webinar: Acoustical Isolation

HOLDRITE will be hosting a free webinar for Acoustical Isolation on Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014.

Plumbing and Mechanical

2014 August

2014 August

In the August issue of PM, read about the continued construction and renovations being made to hotels and restaurants. Find out the focus of this year's ISH China show will be, who made this month's Truck of the Month and read what Elkay has to say about their commercial construction expansion. Also, read the latest news and discover the newest products being used by professionals in the plumbing and mechanical industry.
Table Of Contents Subscribe

Back to School

It’s back-to-school time, how do you stay knowledgeable on the industry:
View Results Poll Archive

The Plumbing and Mechanical Store

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

Truck of the Month

Truck of the month

Are you proud of how your service truck looks? Do the graphics give people whiplash as they drive by? Have your calls increased because people remember your truck — and your company name? If so, we’d like to see it, too! Click here to find out how your service truck could be chosen as PM's Truck of the Month.

STAY CONNECTED

Connect to PM on Facebook Connect to PM on Twitter  Watch PM on YouTube    Connect to PM on Linked InGoogle+