Choose the Right Pump for the Application
There are lots of courses available on how to size a centrifugal pump. But given the wide variety of choices - how do you decide which type to use in the first place? This webinar will give you insights into how to make that critical decision. You’ll have to live with the results for a long time. No matter whether a frame mounted or close coupled end suction, horizontal split case, vertical turbine, submersible, circulator, vertical multi-stage, or other type, this webinar will help you to choose the most appropriate and optimal pump type for the job.
- Identify the six pump types most often used for Commercial HVAC applications, and explain the characteristics of each
- Explain the distinctions between above-grade mounted and below-grade mounted pump applications
- Select pump types for the primary Commercial HVAC applications for hydronic hot water, steam, and chilled water systems by following a logical, repeatable process
- Information provided on the above types and processes will also generally apply to pumps for commercial plumbing applications
- Describe the critical role of Life Cycle Costing in determining the best pump type for the application
- Use the new knowledge to aid you in writing technical specifications
This is NOT a course on how to select pump sizes and optional features. It focuses only on choice of pump type.