- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
For the first time, A. O. Smith Water Products Co. is offering an exclusive service for its commercial water heaters and boilers, the iCOMM remote monitoring service. The iCOMM system’s remote connectivity to the iCOMM Web site allows the user to manage, monitor and interact proactively with their full fleet of A. O. Smith water heaters and boilers from anywhere in the world via the Internet; and the iCOMM system is BACnet compatible.
The remote monitoring also provides leak detection and fault alerts for any unit in the fleet through email or text messaging. Business owners also have the option to monitor the heaters themselves.
It is compatible with five A. O. Smith product families, including the Gold Xi commercial electric line, the Cyclone Xi family of heaters, the Custom Xi commercial electric line, the VF series boilers and Genesis boilers. The system may be added to any previously installed, compatible heater or may be applied to a newly installed unit.
“We are now able to help our commercial customers avoid lengthy and costly interruptions to service that can negatively impact their business,” said David Chisolm, brand manager for A. O. Smith. “This service can help a ‘mom and pop’ business with one water heater or a national chain with thousands of locations.”