- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Dornbracht USA offers customization to its customers -- its "x-tra Service." The company receives daily requests for one modification or another; when technically feasible, the company willingly responds to incorporate the revisions and tweak an existing design.
Typically, the kinds of changes the company is asked to make include extending or reducing the size of spouts, handles and cover plates for its shower systems. Frequently it is asked to provide rain showerheads with individual wall and ceiling connections. And, the company is routinely asked to add its finishes to shower cubicles, door handles, hinges, bath grips, window latches and curtain rails.
In other news, the company's 2005 product catalog, Kultur im Bad (Culture in the Bath), is now available. The 289-page book classifies designs by three lifestyle motifs: Eternity, which focuses on enduring classical style; Imagination, which reflects a more expressive and emotional attitude; and Transfer, a sytle which is more experimental, innovative and incorporates techninal intelligence.
For more information, visit www.dornbracht.com.