- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Private residential building construction (up 2.5 percent for the month and 12 percent over the year-ago month) and public construction (+1 percent for the month and 0.6 percent compared to January 2002) both set records.
Private nonresidential building construction slipped by 0.3 percent for the month and 15 percent relative to January 2002.
Another Commerce Dept. agency, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, estimated that fourth quarter 2002 real (inflation-adjusted) investment in private nonresidential structures was down for the fifth straight quarter, by 10 percent, compared to -21 percent in the third quarter.