- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Articles by Julius Ballanco, P.E.
Three magical numbers: 20, 40, 60 years. But let’s start with 40. This year marks the 40th anniversary since the federal government issued the document, “America Burning.”
One of my favorite plumbing trivia questions is, “How many water closets can you connect to a 3-in. drain?” The answer is 16.
It seems the latest trend is to carry your own bottle to use for drinking water. All my children carry a water bottle. Even my wife carries a water bottle.
I had a recent family trip to Denver. Normally when I travel, I rent cars from Hertz. I know the company, it gives me good cars, the staff is quick and efficient, and there are incentives for returning renters. Plus, Hertz has a great reputation.
First, a clarification. You will find the terms “graywater” and “greywater” used to describe the reuse of certain waters. Whether you prefer an “a” or an “e,” it is the same water. It’s dirty but not disgusting.