What: FREE Webinar
When: ON DEMAND
While a wide range of pump types are available for use in commercial buildings, narrowing down your choice is a critical part of assuring a successful installation. We will cover the advantages and disadvantages of vertical multistage inline pumps, vertical turbines, horizontal split case, end suction, and other types to aid you in making your decision. After the pump type, has been selected, you must assure that the pump will operate in the optimal areas of its performance curve across the complete range of the varying loads. We will show you how use of the Preferred Operating Region (POR) and the Allowable Operating Region (AOR) of the curve enable you to make this determination before final pump size selection.
- Define Allowable Operating Region (AOR) and Preferred Operating Region (POR)
- State which of the two – AOR or POR – have the wider percentage range of performance
- Describe the effect of operating a pump outside of its AOR or POR
- State whether or not energy consumption is a factor in determining either AOR or POR according to the Guideline
- Describe how the choice of pump type for a commercial building is influenced
Can't attend live? Register to view the webinar on-demand!