Follow these newsmaker reps. Gerber Plumbing Fixtures hosted more than 25 people from across the nation as part of an intensive, two-day educational program designed for rep agencies to help them understand, promote and sell Gerber fixtures and faucets.
Decorative plumbing products maker Julien Inc. appointed MEG Sales of Overland Park, Kan., as its new agency representing Julien Home Refinements products in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and southern Illinois.
Jacuzzi Brands selected the Young & Rubicam Brands as its global agency of record for branding, advertising, public relations, direct marketing and media planning for its Jacuzzi and Sundance branded products. Young & Rubicam affiliates involved in this effort include Y & R, Burson-Marsteller and Wunderman, and mediaedge:cia.
Leonard Valve Co. expanded its manufacturers rep network with firms in seven territories:
- Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula will be represented by Badgerland Trading Co., New Berlin, Wis.
Moen named MARC USA as its agency of record with responsibilities for all North American advertising.
Armstrong Pumps appointed Mega Western Sales as its new wholesale/parts distribution rep for Southern California.
Rheem Water Heaters named the manufacturers rep firm of Barbot, Woolf, Canale Inc. as its 2004 National Sales Performer of the Year. The firm represents Rheem in the South Region. The top performers in the other three regions are: Robert Kolakowski, Rheem district sales manager, based in Sparta, N.J. (North Region); Mid Continent Marketing Services of Addison, Ill. (Central Region); and The Lovell Co. of Salt Lake City (West Region).
- Michigan's Lower Peninsula will be represented by Balfrey & Johnson Inc., Oak Park, Mich.
- Eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey to be represented by Robert Burns Associates, Aston, Pa.
- New York City and Long Island will be represented by DEA Sales Inc., Briarcliff, N.Y.
- Upstate New York and eastern New York to be represented by Distributor Service Inc., Minoa, N.Y.
- Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota to be represented by Hamel Associates Inc., Edina, Minn.
- Kentucky will be represented by BBN Sales Inc., Cincinnati.