- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Bosch Thermotechnology kicks off its annual Green Living Awards contest on Earth Day, April 22. The contest seeks entries of energy-efficient project installations using Bosch Thermotechnology heating and cooling products and recognizes best entries with gift cards and recognition prizes. A selected panel of judges from Bosch Thermotechnology considers entries from the United States and Canada.
The project contest runs until Dec. 15, 2014 for submitting entries. To qualify, submitted project work must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2013, and Nov. 30, 2014.
The contest has two award categories — residential and commercial — and best entries will be awarded for first, second and third places in each category. First-place winners in each category will be invited to an awards ceremony during the 2015 AHR Expo in Chicago next January.
With the addition of commercial-size projects, the Green Living Awards contest now embraces the full building spectrum and is open to contractors, consulting engineers, building owners and architects. Bosch Thermotechnology products include boilers (floor- and wall-mounted), combiboilers, tankless water heaters, DHW storage tanks and geothermal heat pumps.
The contest made its debut for North America last year. 2013 winners included:
• Total system solution: Harold Turner, HL Turner Group, Concord, N.H.
• A/C geothermal: Tim Cutler, TJ’s Plumbing, Attleboro, Mass.
• Floor/wall-mounted boilers: Dustin Oliver, Integrity Services, Jefferson, Maine
An accompanying Children’s Art, Photography and Creative Writing Contest awards cash prizes to entries based on age and creative expression from children in three age groups: 2-6, 7-11 and 12-16 years. The 2013 winners were:
• Grand prize, Age 12-16: “Step by Step” by Noelle Cordero, Margate, Fla.
• Age 7-11: “Go Green” by Daisy Mayoh, Providence, R.I.
• Age 2-6: “Me and My Dad Make This World Greener” by Bronson Rhoads, Lebanon, Ohio
The Green Living Awards recognize the best Bosch Green installations that demonstrate energy efficiency and sustainability in service to the environment. In a similar fashion, the Kid’s Art Contest is meant to foster respect for the environment while encouraging creativity.
The Kid’s Art Contest runs until Nov. 30, 2014, for submitting entries.
For more information and to complete entry forms for both contests, visit www.BoschHeatingandCooling.com/GLA.