- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Franklin Control Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ft. Wayne, Ind.-based Franklin Electric, announced that it has moved into a new 60,000-sq.-ft. engineering and production facility in Hillsboro, Ore., doubling the company’s leased space under a single roof.
Franklin Controls Systems’ new 60,000-sq.-ft. facility in Hillsboro, Ore.
“We hired 31 new employees this year and will add more sales and development personnel in the first half of 2014,” said Andre Perra, FCS president. “Plus, our business growth had caused us to rent an increasing amount of temporary storage for inventory as we brought four new products into production last year.”
“The move lets us consolidate our inventory and reconfigure our production area, allowing us to apply more, lean 6-sigma-style techniques to our manufacturing, including space for more in-depth product testing,” said Tonny Ton, FCS Manufacturing Manager.