- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Brass-Craft Manufacturing Co., a Masco company, has introduced 2D barcodes on its new packaging for plumbing products.
Initial applications will be on packaging for a new Tankless Water Heater Installation Kit.
A smart phone user running a scanner application simply holds the phone up to the QR (Quick Response) barcode on the package. Upon completion of the photo scan, the user is directed to appropriate tankless water heater kit data on BrassCraft's Web site.
By photo scanning the 2D barcode, customers will be able to access rich data that can assist in the buying decision such as product specifications, installation instructions and information about related products. Customers need only download an application for their properly-equipped phones to enjoy this benefit.
“Our company motto says ‘Driven by Innovation’ and BrassCraft is committed to adopting the latest innovations for improved installation convenience and customer satisfaction,” said Jeff Jollay, marketing and product development vice president.
BrassCraft will be among the first plumbing products manufacturers to offer this feature on packaging, according to Mike Chapman, BrassCraft packaging engineer.Brass-Craft Manufacturing Co.