- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Robert Bair Services, a plumbing and heating contractor in Downers Grove, Ill., won two local awards:
- Last month, the Downers Grove Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry named the company its 2009 Chamber Choice Award for Business Excellence in the service category.
- This month, The Business Ledger, a newspaper serving the Chicago suburbs, gave Bair one its Annual Awards for Business Excellence for the small companies category.
Several years ago, finding it difficult to hire licensed residential service plumbers, Bair decided to open a plumbing school at his location. It is lead by a state accredited teacher, and young apprentices now entering the field are trained for free one night a week while working alongside a licensed plumber as a helper/apprentice five days week.
The day Bair won the DG award, he went out and bought every employee a carnation, shook their hand, and thanked them each personally for the award. “He knows his people are what make this company stand above the rest and he wanted to share the victory with them.”
For more information about the company, visit www.bairservices.com.