- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
The Water Quality Association, the Pacific Water Quality Association and others in the industry put together a coalition - retail “big-box” companies, major brand names, dealers and many of their employees, and the Retail Merchant’s Association - to oppose the bill.
Among the group’s efforts was the development of a Web site, SaveMySoftener.com, where the industry helped direct more than 14,000 consumer e-mails to every legislator in California and the governor’s office, expressing their personal opposition to the ban.
In 2007, WaterSense partners were responsible for labeling, selling and promoting more than 193,400 WaterSense-labeled products.
While the EPA’s WaterSense program depends on the efforts of more than 1,000 partners, these four partners earned this special distinction:
Manufacturer Partner of the Year: Kohler Co.
- Retailer and Distributor Partner of the Year: Ferguson
- Promotional Partner of the Year: The Saving Water Partnership
- Irrigation Partner of the Year: Timothy Malooly of Shorewood, Minn.
The greywater plumbing would cost $500 to install - although home builders can knock off $200 of that through a state income-tax credit - and the cost would likely be passed on to home buyers. Homeowners then could choose to install additional pipes, underground tanks to store the water and a pump to move the water outdoors.
To learn more about DOE’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy programs in buildings, visit http://buildings.energy.gov.
- The Fagan Co., Kansas City, Kan.
Enginuity, Harrisburg, Pa.
E.B. O’Reilly & Associates, Philadelphia
Current Mechanical, Ft. Wayne, Ind.
Midwest Mechanical, Kansas City, Mo.
Andy Egan Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.
Hill York Service, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Indoor Environmental Services, Sacramento, Calif.