- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Solar thermal water heater manufacturer Apricus was featured on the Jan. 6, 2008, broadcast of ABC’s home remodeling show, “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”
The popular primetime show challenges builders and remodelers to bring homes back to life with innovative products that are not only novel, but also the pinnacle in their field. For this season, the show has highlighted “green” products that provide the biggest returns, best aesthetic appeal and easiest installation for the speedy seven-day remodel projects.
Apricus solar water heating systems reclaim their carbon footprint from product packaging and materials within 62 days of installation and every year reduce CO2 output from a home or business substantially - the equivalent of planting 200 trees. The family featured on the show will be enjoying energy savings of $350 a year in their century-old home.
“We are thrilled that ABC and the producers of ‘Extreme Makeover’ chose to highlight our solar collector on their program focused on green products, and we know that the Ray-Smith family will take pleasure in the economic and environmental benefits of their new Apricus system for years to come,” said Michael Humphreys, founder and president of Apricus.