- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Paul Graham, owner of Paul’s Plumbing & Heating, Worthington, Mass., won a new service van when he beat a field of 46 regional time-trial winners in F.W. Webb’s Watts WaterPEX Challenge. The finals took place at the wholesaler’s Central Distribution center in Amherst, N.H., June 27.
Plumbers were challenged to install hot and cold PEX tubing water lines to a shower as fast as they could. Time trials were held every Wednesday throughout the spring at F.W. Webb branches, and local winners were invited to the finals.
The four fastest plumbers - their times were between 1 minute, 11 seconds and 1 minute, 16 seconds - then competed in a final event where they had to plumb a complete bathroom with PEX. Graham’s time was 6 minutes, 23 seconds, beating the other finalists by a hair.
The four finalists also were awarded more than $2,000 worth of ProPress tools. All contestants at the finals were given jackets and desk clocks for participating.