- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Robert L. Beard, director of operations at Sloan Valve Co.’s Augusta, Arkansas, foundry, was honored by the Augusta Industrial Development Corp. as the Executive of the Year for his demonstrated leadership of one of the most competitive brass foundries in the United States.
According to Talmage J. Whitehead, president of the Augusta Industrial Development Corp., “Mr. Beard was selected due to his enthusiasm and commitment to excellence in managing the Augusta Division of Sloan Valve Co. His leadership and loyalty to the foundries’ workforce has been evident for many years.”
Under Beard’s leadership, Sloan Valve’s Arkansas Foundry provides key elements of quality, cost and delivery to the industry. Certified as an ISO 9002 facility, the foundry is a well-maintained 160,000-square-foot building staffed with an experienced and skilled work force.
The Augusta Industrial Development Corp. is a 50-year-old organization that whose mission is to initiate, develop and coordinate industrial and economic development efforts in order to achieve the finest quality of life for all Augusta citizens.