- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
The late Don Dwyer Sr., founder of Waco, Texas-based The Dwyer Group, was named to the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Hall of Fame. The IFA is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising.
After a short stint in the military, Dwyer worked as a Hollywood talent agent before purchasing his first franchise to market and sell management and motivational material. Dwyer soon created his own franchise, Rainbow International Carpet Dyeing & Cleaning Co., which became the flagship of The Dwyer Group. Today, The Dwyer Group offers brands including Mr. Rooter (Drain Doctor™ in the U.K.), Glass Doctor, Mr. Electric, Aire Serv, Mr. Appliance, Rainbow, and associate company DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen.
Dwyer’s contributions to the franchising sector include establishment of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative in 1991, through which franchise companies offered financial incentives to veterans. IFA re-established the program in 2002 and more than 600 veterans have become franchisees since then.
In attendance to accept the Hall of Fame award on Dwyer’s behalf were several of his children: Dina Dwyer-Owens, president and CEO of The Dwyer Group; Debbie Wright-Hood, chief administrative officer of The Dwyer Group; Donald Dwyer Jr., director of international operations for The Dwyer Group; and Doug Dwyer, owner and president of DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen.