- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Bob Miodonski: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
As part of its 2002 Achieving Competitive Excellence Awards program, Elkay honored more than 100 employees with gold, silver and bronze awards in four main categories: product development, program development, process development and Kaizen process improvement. The awards program was developed to reward teams of Elkay employees and business partner for quantifiable improvements in the four areas.
In addition, the President’s Award of Special Recognition honored significant contributions by individuals throughout 2002, and the Plant of the Year acknowledged several facilities for best practices in the areas of people, safety, quality, delivery and cost.
In other news, Elkay’s Broadview, Ill., sink manufacturing plant received the 2002 Elkay President’s Safety Award for its worker safety program. Selection for the award is based on a comparison of on-site safety with best practices and accomplishments of the plant’s safety committee. The Broadview facility shared the award with the Dimension Mill of Yorktowne, another Elkay division.