- MARKET SECTORS
- Al Levi: Managing Your Business
- John Siegenthaler: Hydronics Workshop
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Julius Ballanco: Plumbing Primer
- Paul Ridilla: Practical Management
- Kenny Chapman: Blue Collar Coach
- Adams Hudson: Marketing Strategies
- Jim Hamilton: The Bottom Line
- Ray Wohlfarth: The Boiler Room
- Morris Beschloss: Beschloss Perspective
- Kelly Faloon: Editorial Opinion
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Stock Building Supply (Raleigh, N.C.) acquired Efficient Electric, United Electric, United Plumbing, and DSI Inc., four companies under the common ownership of Steve Menzies. Efficient Electric and United Electric are installers of electrical services for residential projects in the Las Vegas market; United Plumbing an installer of plumbing services; and DSI Inc., is an electrical supply house that provides electrical products to Efficient and other electrical installers.
The purchase of these companies, which recorded sales in 2005 of $94.1 million, adds 917 associates to Stock. The current management team, including owner Steve Menzies, will remain.
Stock Building Supply is a subsidiary of Wolseley plc of Theale, England, which is also parent company to Ferguson, Newport News, Va.